- MEN’S & WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDIES- Looking for a great way to connect with others and grow Spiritually. Join one of our men’s or women’s Bible studies beginning in late January. Here are the details:
> Men’s Tuesday Evening Group meets from 7:00-8:30 p.m. in the OC 45 building. The group will study Spiritual Warfare using video instruction and group discussion. The group begins January 26.
> Men’s Thursday Morning Group meets from 6:00-7:15 a.m. in the House. The group will study the book of Colossians and will begin meeting on January 28.
> Women’s Tuesday Morning Group meets from 9:30-11:00 a.m. in the OC 45 building. Topic is to be determined. The group begins January 26.
You can sign up for the groups at Connection Point, on the OC App or at otterbeinchurch.org.
- INDOOR SOCCER ON WEDNESDAY EVENINGS - Join us for Indoor Soccer on Wednesday evenings 6:30-8:00 p.m. in the Otterbein Community Center gym on Welty Road. Anyone in 9th grade or older is welcome to attend. Any and all skill levels are welcome. Come join us for a great time of exercise and fellowship!
- OC KIDS @ HOME KITS
- Our OC Kids at Home Kits are designed for families with children ages 2 through Grade 5 who are attending services online or during the 10:45 a.m. service. Inside of each kit you will find age-appropriate games, crafts, and fun activities related to your child’s weekly online Bible story lesson that will help you lead your child in their spiritual development at home.
If you would like one of the OC Home Kits for February, sign up at otterbeinchurch.org/ocfamily-online by Friday, Jan. 29. Kits will be available to pick up at the Otterbein Church Office 7:30 a.m.—8:30 p.m. beginning Monday, Feb. 1. All kits should be picked up no later than Saturday, Feb. 6. If you have any questions, please contact Amanda Myers, Dir. of Children’s Ministries at email@example.com or 717.762.7147 ext. 231.
- ANNUAL CHURCH SURVEY - If you did not complete the Annual Church Survey this past week, please take a minute to complete it online (click here). Completing it helps us to know how God has been at work in our church in the past year as well as provide helpful information as we plan for the year ahead.
- PACKS OF OFFERING ENVELOPES AVAILABLE - Offering envelopes are available at Connection Point in the Church lobby for anyone desiring to use them to give their offering. You can also pick up a pack of offering envelopes during the week in the entry area of the church offices between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. The Church offices are located in the front of the Church building (use the door facing South Potomac Street). If you have questions, contact the office at 717-762-7147 x222 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PARENT/CHILD DEDICATIONS - We will have Parent/Child Dedications on Feb. 14 and on Mother’s Day, May 9. If you are interested in having your child dedicated, please review the Parent/Child Dedication Information and complete the Application (CLICK HERE). Applications are also available at Connection Point in the lobby. Applications need to be completed no later than Feb. 3 if you wish to have your child dedicated on Feb. 14. Please contact Pastor Mark Green at mark. email@example.com if you have questions.
- YOUTH MINISTRY WORSHIP LEADER - We are looking for someone to serve in our Youth Ministry as a Worship Leader. This is a paid part-time position. If God has gifted you with the ability to lead others in worship and you enjoy helping Middle/High School students connect with God, please contact Youth Pastor Dwight Karkan for more information by email or phone at 717.762.7147 ext. 232.
- TEXT ALERTS AND OC APP NOTIFICATIONS - We are living in uncertain times in regard to gathering for worship and church events due to the rise in COVID cases locally. The best way to get notifications regarding service and event changes and cancellations is to sign up for TEXT ALERTS and/or have notifications turned on in the OC APP.
You can sign up for TEXT ALERTS by texting 94000 (enter where you would type a phone number or the person’s name) and put the keyword OCINFO in the message line.
In the OC APP, click on the Menu icon (three lines stacked on top of each other) in the upper left corner of the App, choose Settings, choose Notifications, and make sure the GENERAL notifications are turned on.
- UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION - If you have chosen to become a part of our church family or if you have recently updated your email address, phone number (mobile or home), or changed your address, we encourage you to take a moment to complete the appropriate section of the Attendance and Prayer Card so we can keep you up to date with information about Otterbein.
- ESSENTIAL 100 BIBLE READING PLAN - Join us for the Essential 100 Bible Reading Plan that will take you through 50 Old Testament and 50 New Testament passages of Scripture in 20 weeks. The plan will give you a great overview of the “big picture” of the Bible. The Bible Reading Plan is available on the OC App and at facebook.com/groups/ocdevotionals (click on “join” to have it appear on your newsfeed). If you have notifications turned on in the OC APP for “Bible Reading Plan/Devotions,” you will get a daily reminder at 7:00 a.m. with a link to the day’s Bible reading. You can also download a copy of the Bible Reading Plan each week at otterbeinchurch.org.
- OTTERBEIN CHURCH APP - Want information about Otterbein at your fingertips? Want to take sermon notes on your phone or sign up for upcoming events? Want to watch the service live when you are not able to attend church? Download our church app in any of the app stores. Search for Otterbein Church Waynesboro.
- NEXT BAPTISM - FEBRUARY 28 - God asks every follower of Jesus to be baptized with water following their decision to begin a relationship with Jesus. If you have never gone public with your decision to follow Jesus by being baptized, we encourage you to be baptized in one of our worship services on Feb. 28. More info and an application for baptism is available online or at Connection Point in the church lobby. NOTE: Children 12 years and younger need to complete a baptism workbook prior to being baptized. Please email Amanda Myers, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717.762.7147 ext. 231to get the workbook. If you have questions about baptism, email us at email@example.com or speak to one of the pastors following the worship service.
COLLEGE AGE MINISTRY - College Age Young Adults are meeting together on Sunday evenings from 5:30-8:00 p.m. Contact Pastor Dwight Karkan for this week's location (the group meets a different locations) and with other questions you have about the group.
- Have you joined the "OTTERBEIN ONLINE" Facebook group? Facebook has made some changes to their algorithms over the past several months and there is a good chance you are not seeing information from Otterbein Church on your newsfeed. The best way to make sure you see Otterbein News when it is posted on Facebook is to be part of the OTTERBEIN ONLINE group. If you are, anything posted will appear near the top of your newsfeed. Here is a link to the group. If you need help finding the group or aren't sure how to join, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
- The Otterbein Church Park Community Center Gym on Welty Road is open Monday-Friday mornings from 7:45-10:00 a.m. for anyone interested in walking for exercise. If you have any questions, please contact the church office by phone at 717-762-7147 or email.