- OTTERBEIN FREEDOM RIDERS MOTORCYCLE GROUP - We will be leaving the church TODAY (SUNDAY) at 1:00 p.m. and returning around 4:30 p.m. If you would like to join us, please arrive at the church no later than 12:50 p.m. The next ride is scheduled for July 11. If you are interested in going on the next ride and/or learning more about future rides, sign up at Connection Point, OC App, or otterbeinchurch.org. If you have questions, call Steven at 301-991-4848.
- GOOD TO GREAT IN GOD’S EYES - On Sunday, June 27, Pastor Mark will offer a class summarizing the book “Good to Great in God’s Eyes: Ten Practices Great Christians Have in Common” by Chip Ingram. Popular speaker and Christian author Chip Ingram offers 10 best practices for Christians to pursue what will lead to a strong and great relationship with Christ. The class will be offered at 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. in the Meeting Room next to the café. Sign-up for the class here.
- OUTDOOR WORSHIP AT THE PARK ON JULY 4 - We will have an OUTDOOR SERVICE AT THE OTTERBEIN PARK (13375 Welty Road) on July 4 at 9:30 a.m. Children and youth will join the adults for the worship service. The service will be live streamed live online. Bring a lawn chair, blanket, etc. and join us for a special service designed for the entire family.
If the weather does not allow us to meet outdoors, we will have indoor services at 9:00 and 10:30 a.m. Nursery, children (preschool-grade 5) and youth programming will be available during the 9:00 a.m. service. Nursery and Preschool programming will be available during the 10:30 a.m. service.
- JULY 3—FIREWORKS AT THE PARK - On July 3, we will open up the Otterbein Church Park (13375 Welty Road) for families in our community and church to watch the Waynesboro fireworks. We will have free hot dogs and drinks for anyone who stops by. We need volunteers to help with parking, food preparation, food service, set-up and tear-down. We will begin setting up at 6 p.m. If you are able and willing to help, please sign up ONLINE or at Connection Point. If you have questions, please contact Pastor Dirk at email@example.com.
- FAITH BUILDERS DAY CARE - Otterbein Church is helping to begin a new Christian Day Care in Waynesboro. Faith Builders Day Care will be located in the Otterbein Chapel and will be available for children 6-weeks—Pre Kindergarten. We hope to have the Day Care open in early to mid August. For more information about the Day Care and/or to express interest in having your children enrolled in the Day Care, please complete the Faith Builders Day Care Interest Form (CLICK HERE).
- OC LOGO HATS - Looking for a new hat to wear this summer? We have fitted hats with the OC LOGO embroidered on the front available at the Café for a price of $15. They are available in various sizes including S/M, M/L, and L/XL.
- CHECK OUT RIGHTNOW MEDIA THIS SUMMER! - Otterbein has partnered with RightNow Media to provide to you free access to a huge, streaming, online, access-on-any-device library of over 10,000 video Bible studies, leadership videos, kids shows and more. To sum it up — it’s like the Netflix of Bible study videos and Christian entertainment. You will have FREE access to thousands of video resources to help you with parenting, marriage, finances, spiritual growth, leadership development and more. It includes content for all ages and stages of life, and all of your family members are invited to set up their own accounts. CLICK HERE to start watching right away.
- OC SERVE OPPORTUNITIES - OC Serve opportunities are a great way to connect with others, grow spiritually, and make a difference for Jesus in another person’s life. We have some specific needs right now in our nursery, children’s ministry, youth ministry, and our Welcome Team. Complete the OC SERVE form or stop at Connection Point in the lobby to express interest and/or request more information about serving.
- ADULT CLASSES ON SUNDAY MORNINGS - We have a number of Adult Bible Classes meeting on Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. Locations, teachers and additional information about the classes can be found HERE or you can contact Pastor Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org. Adult classes are a great place to get connected and grow spiritually while studying the bible together.
- OTTERBEIN CHURCH SCHOLARSHIP FUND - Otterbein Church has a scholarship fund available for individuals who attend Otterbein and are either attending college or are high school seniors enrolling in college for the fall semester. Applications are available ONLINE. All applications must be returned to the church office on or before June 15.
- OTTERBEIN PARK RESTROOM KEYCARDS - The restroom facilities at the Otterbein Community Recreation Park (13375 Welty Road) are locked except for scheduled group events/rentals. If you would like a keycard for access to the restrooms, pick one up at Connection Point. You can also request a card by contacting the church office at 717.762.7147 or email at email@example.com.
- RAMSEY+ FINANCIAL RESOURCES
- Otterbein has partnered with Dave Ramsey to offer a great tool for helping you take control of your money and get rid of your debt for good. With Ramsey+, you get a step-by-step plan and the tools to help you pay off debt faster, so you can finally spend and save how you want—worry-free. Ramsey+ includes the Financial Peace University course (on demand) along with many other great resources. Sign up here or on the OC App for this free resource. Contact Rick Duesler at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance signing up.
- BAPTISM - God asks every follower of Jesus to be baptized with water following their decision to begin a relationship with Jesus. If you have never gone public with your decision to follow Jesus by being baptized, we encourage you to be baptized in one of our upcoming worship services. More info and an application for baptism is available online or at Connection Point in the church lobby. NOTE: Children 12 years and younger need to complete a baptism workbook prior to being baptized. Please email Amanda Myers, at email@example.com or call 717.762.7147 ext. 231 to get the workbook. If you have questions about baptism, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to one of the pastors following the worship service.
- TEXT ALERTS AND OC APP NOTIFICATIONS - We are living in uncertain times in regard to gathering for worship and church events due to the rise in COVID cases locally. The best way to get notifications regarding service and event changes and cancellations is to sign up for TEXT ALERTS and/or have notifications turned on in the OC APP.
You can sign up for TEXT ALERTS by texting 94000 (enter where you would type a phone number or the person’s name) and put the keyword OCINFO in the message line.
In the OC APP, click on the Menu icon (three lines stacked on top of each other) in the upper left corner of the App, choose Settings, choose Notifications, and make sure the GENERAL notifications are turned on.
- 1ST & 2ND CORINTHIANS BIBLE READING PLAN - Join us for a NEW Bible Reading plan through the books of 1 & 2 Corinthians. There is much to learn from the Apostle Paul’s letters to the Corinthian Church that provides relevant teachings for our day. Monday—Friday we will read from Corinthians and use the weekends to catch up and/or read from the book of Proverbs. The Bible Reading Plan is available on the OC App and at facebook.com/groups/ocdevotionals (click on “join” to have it appear on your newsfeed). If you have notifications turned on in the OC APP for “Bible Reading Plan/Devotions,” you will get a daily reminder at 7:00 a.m. with a link to the day’s Bible reading. You can also download a copy of the Bible Reading Plan each week at otterbeinchurch.org.
- UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION - If you have chosen to become a part of our church family or if you have recently updated your email address, phone number (mobile or home), or changed your address, we encourage you to take a moment to complete the appropriate section of the Attendance and Prayer Card so we can keep you up to date with information about Otterbein.
- OTTERBEIN CHURCH APP - Want information about Otterbein at your fingertips? Want to take sermon notes on your phone or sign up for upcoming events? Want to watch the service live when you are not able to attend church? Download our church app in any of the app stores. Search for Otterbein Church Waynesboro.
COLLEGE AGE MINISTRY - College Age Young Adults are meeting together on Sunday evenings from 5:30-8:00 p.m. Contact Pastor Dwight Karkan for this week's location (the group meets a different locations) and with other questions you have about the group.
- PACKS OF OFFERING ENVELOPES AVAILABLE - Offering envelopes are available at Connection Point in the Church lobby for anyone desiring to use them to give their offering. You can also pick up a pack of offering envelopes during the week in the entry area of the church offices between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. The Church offices are located in the front of the Church building (use the door facing South Potomac Street). If you have questions, contact the office at 717-762-7147 x222 or email us at email@example.com.
- Have you joined the "OTTERBEIN ONLINE" Facebook group? Facebook has made some changes to their algorithms over the past several months and there is a good chance you are not seeing information from Otterbein Church on your newsfeed. The best way to make sure you see Otterbein News when it is posted on Facebook is to be part of the OTTERBEIN ONLINE group. If you are, anything posted will appear near the top of your newsfeed. Here is a link to the group. If you need help finding the group or aren't sure how to join, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
- The Otterbein Church Park Community Center Gym on Welty Road is open Monday-Friday mornings from 7:45-10:00 a.m. for anyone interested in walking for exercise. If you have any questions, please contact the church office by phone at 717-762-7147 or email.