- COED VOLLEYBALL LEAGUE - Otterbein Church is hosting a Monday Night Coed Recreational Volleyball League at the Otterbein Church Community Center (13375 Welty Road). Games begin Sept. 27. The deadline to register is Sept. 13. The cost for participation is $20 (required with the registration). Sign up HERE. If you have any questions, please call Lisa or Richard Black at 301.491.4086.
- MEN’S MINISTRY BIBLE STUDY—THREE OPTIONS - Men’s Ministry (Tuesday Nights) will begin Sept. 14 from 7:00-8:30 p.m. The study focus will be Culture Shock by Chip Ingram. Six different cultural issues will be examined from a biblical perspective. The format is large group video teaching followed by small group discussion and prayer. The Group meets in the OC45 Building.
We also have a Thursday morning option from 6:00-7:30 a.m. studying the same topic as the Tuesday morning group. Darrell Knepper leads the morning group which will begin on Sept. 16.
A third Men’s Group will meet on Thursday morning from 9:00-10:00 a.m. in the Otterbein Church Meeting Room (beside the Café). Ed Kennedy will lead the group. The first study will be a Chip Ingram video series entitled Spiritual Simplicity. The group will begin on September 9.
Register for one of the groups HERE. If you have questions, contact Pastor Mark at email@example.com.
- WOMEN’S MINISTRY BIBLE STUDY—THREE OPTIONS - Women’s Ministry (Tuesday Mornings) will begin Tuesday, Sept. 14 from 9:30-11:00 a.m. The study will work through the book, Faith-Depending on God (LifeBuilder Study Guide) by Dale & Sandy Larsen. The book can be purchased on Amazon (purchase the 2018 version).
A second Women’s Group will meet on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month in the Living Room of the House (on the church campus) from 7:00-9:30 p.m. Rhonda Dudeck will lead the group. The group begins September 14 and is a combination of sharing, study and prayer.
A third Women’s Group will meet on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month in the Living Room of the House (on the church campus) from 7:00-8:30 p.m. Jana Hege will facilitate the group. The group begins September 23 and will do a study on Friendship from Rightnow Media.
Register HERE for one of the Women's Groups. If you have any questions, contact Pastor Mark Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SUNDAY SERMON BASED SMALL GROUPS - Like all groups, the focus of the group is on growing friendships and deepening our followership of Christ. What makes these groups unique is they will meet on Sunday mornings (10:45 a.m.—12 noon) and the study focus is a discussion of the Sunday morning sermon. Small Groups will meet twice a month in the Meeting Room next to the café beginning Sunday, Oct. 3. Register HERE.
- 1st/3rd Sundays beginning Oct. 3: Tony/Kelly Cassidy
- 2nd/4th Sundays beginning Oct. 10: Chad Herman/Mark Green
- OTTERBEIN FREEDOM RIDERS MOTORCYCLE GROUP - The next ride is scheduled for Sunday, September 12 following the church picnic. at 1:00 p.m. The plan is to return back to the church around 4:30-5:00 p.m. If you are interested in going on the next ride and/or learning more about future rides, SIGN UP HERE or at Connection Point. If you have questions, call Steven at 301-991-4848.
- TIMELESS TREASURES FALL LUNCHEON - Timeless Treasures, our Sr. Adult Group, will have a Fall Luncheon Thursday, September 30 at the Otterbein Community Center (13375 Welty Road). The luncheon will begin a noon and will be catered by Keystone Family Restaurant. The cost is $15.00 per person. Sign up and pay HERE.
- OTTERBEIN DISASTER ASSISTANCE RESPONSE TEAM (OC DART) - Are you interested in becoming part of a team of people from Otterbein who responds to disasters that take place within the United States? If so, we encourage you to share your interest in becoming part of this team. When a disaster strikes, we will contact you to see if you are interested and available to join the response team at that time. Learn more and communicate your interest to be part of this new ministry HERE.
- FAITH BUILDERS DAY CARE - NOW ENROLLING AND HIRING - Faith Builders Day Care is now open and is available for children 6-weeks—Pre Kindergarten. The Day Care is located in the Otterbein Chapel. For more information about enrolling your child/children and/or working at the Day Care, go to www.faithbuildersdaycare.org.
- YOUTH MINISTRY WORSHIP LEADER - We are looking for someone to serve in our Youth Ministry as a Worship Leader. This is a paid part-time position. If God has gifted you with the ability to lead others in worship and you enjoy helping Middle/High School students connect with God, please contact Youth Pastor Dwight Karkan for more information at email@example.com or 717.762.7147 ext. 232.
- BAPTISM - God asks every follower of Jesus to be baptized with water following their decision to begin a relationship with Jesus. If you have never gone public with your decision to follow Jesus by being baptized, we encourage you to be baptized in one of our upcoming worship services. More info and an application for baptism is available online or at Connection Point in the church lobby. NOTE: Children 12 years and younger need to complete a baptism workbook prior to being baptized. Please email Amanda Myers, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717.762.7147 to get the workbook. If you have questions about baptism, email us at email@example.com or speak to one of the pastors following the worship service.
- COLLEGE AGE MINISTRY - College Age Young Adults are meeting together on Sunday evenings from 5:30-8:00 p.m. Contact Pastor Dwight Karkan for this week's location (the group meets a different locations) and with other questions you have about the group.
- LIFE OF JOSEPH BIBLE READING PLAN - Join us for a Bible Reading plan focused on the life of Joseph (Genesis 27-50). There are great lessons to be learned from Joseph’s life about God’s faithfulness and how to navigate through the challenges of life. Monday—Friday we are reading from Genesis 27-50 and use the weekends to catch up and/or read from the book of Psalms. The Bible Reading Plan is available on the OC App and at facebook.com/groups/ocdevotionals (click on “join” to have it appear on your newsfeed). If you have notifications turned on in the OC APP for “Bible Reading Plan/Devotions,” you will get a daily reminder at 7:00 a.m. with a link to the day’s Bible reading. You can also download a copy of the Bible Reading Plan each week at otterbeinchurch.org.
- OC LOGO HATS - Looking for a new hat to wear this summer? We have fitted hats with the OC LOGO embroidered on the front available at the Café for a price of $15. They are available in various sizes including S/M, M/L, and L/XL.
- CHECK OUT RIGHTNOW MEDIA - Otterbein has partnered with RightNow Media to provide to you free access to a huge, streaming, online, access-on-any-device library of over 10,000 video Bible studies, leadership videos, kids shows and more. To sum it up — it’s like the Netflix of Bible study videos and Christian entertainment. You will have FREE access to thousands of video resources to help you with parenting, marriage, finances, spiritual growth, leadership development and more. It includes content for all ages and stages of life, and all of your family members are invited to set up their own accounts. CLICK HERE to start watching right away.
- OC SERVE OPPORTUNITIES - OC Serve opportunities are a great way to connect with others, grow spiritually, and make a difference for Jesus in another person’s life. We have some specific needs right now in our nursery, children’s ministry, youth ministry, and our Welcome Team. Complete the OC SERVE form or stop at Connection Point in the lobby to express interest and/or request more information about serving.
- ADULT CLASSES ON SUNDAY MORNINGS - We have a number of Adult Bible Classes meeting on Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. Locations, teachers and additional information about the classes can be found HERE or you can contact Pastor Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org. Adult classes are a great place to get connected and grow spiritually while studying the bible together.
- OTTERBEIN PARK RESTROOM KEYCARDS - The restroom facilities at the Otterbein Community Recreation Park (13375 Welty Road) are locked except for scheduled group events/rentals. If you would like a keycard for access to the restrooms, pick one up at Connection Point. You can also request a card by contacting the church office at 717.762.7147 or email at email@example.com.
- RAMSEY+ FINANCIAL RESOURCES
- Otterbein has partnered with Dave Ramsey to offer a great tool for helping you take control of your money and get rid of your debt for good. With Ramsey+, you get a step-by-step plan and the tools to help you pay off debt faster, so you can finally spend and save how you want—worry-free. Ramsey+ includes the Financial Peace University course (on demand) along with many other great resources. Sign up here or on the OC App for this free resource. Contact Rick Duesler at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance signing up.
- TEXT ALERTS AND OC APP NOTIFICATIONS - We are living in uncertain times in regard to gathering for worship and church events due to the rise in COVID cases locally. The best way to get notifications regarding service and event changes and cancellations is to sign up for TEXT ALERTS and/or have notifications turned on in the OC APP.
You can sign up for TEXT ALERTS by texting 94000 (enter where you would type a phone number or the person’s name) and put the keyword OCINFO in the message line.
In the OC APP, click on the Menu icon (three lines stacked on top of each other) in the upper left corner of the App, choose Settings, choose Notifications, and make sure the GENERAL notifications are turned on.
- UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION - If you have chosen to become a part of our church family or if you have recently updated your email address, phone number (mobile or home), or changed your address, we encourage you to take a moment to complete the appropriate section of the Attendance and Prayer Card so we can keep you up to date with information about Otterbein.
- OTTERBEIN CHURCH APP - Want information about Otterbein at your fingertips? Want to take sermon notes on your phone or sign up for upcoming events? Want to watch the service live when you are not able to attend church? Download our church app in any of the app stores. Search for Otterbein Church Waynesboro.
PACKS OF OFFERING ENVELOPES AVAILABLE - Offering envelopes are available at Connection Point in the Church lobby for anyone desiring to use them to give their offering. You can also pick up a pack of offering envelopes during the week in the entry area of the church offices between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. The Church offices are located in the front of the Church building (use the door facing South Potomac Street). If you have questions, contact the office at 717-762-7147 x222 or email us at email@example.com.
- Have you joined the "OTTERBEIN ONLINE" Facebook group? Facebook has made some changes to their algorithms over the past several months and there is a good chance you are not seeing information from Otterbein Church on your newsfeed. The best way to make sure you see Otterbein News when it is posted on Facebook is to be part of the OTTERBEIN ONLINE group. If you are, anything posted will appear near the top of your newsfeed. Here is a link to the group. If you need help finding the group or aren't sure how to join, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
- The Otterbein Church Park Community Center Gym on Welty Road is open Monday-Friday mornings from 7:45-10:00 a.m. for anyone interested in walking for exercise. If you have any questions, please contact the church office by phone at 717-762-7147 or email.