ALL CHURCH SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES HELD AT OTTERBEIN CHURCH ARE CANCELLED.
- Upcoming Events
- News & Information
- Worship Service Outdoor at the Park
- Give & Serve Opportunities
- Request Help
Sunday - Worship Services Online at 9:30, 11:30, 4:00, 6:00
Sunday - Worship Service OUTDOOR AT THE PARK at 9:45 a.m.
Sunday - OC Youth Service Online (Available 1:00 p.m. On Demand)
Tuesday - Prayer Gathering - Zoom Video at 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday - Men's Groups - Zoom Video at 7:00 p.m.
Thursday - Worship and Prayer led by Caleb and our Worship Team - Online at 6:00 p.m.
Zoom Video Groups/Meetings Require a Link or Code to Join.
CLICK HERE TO REQUEST LINK/CODE for any of the above Zoom Events.
Beginning Sunday, June 7, we will have an OUTDOOR WORSHIP SERVICE at the Otterbein Park (13375 Welty Road) on Sunday mornings at 9:45 a.m. This service will be offered in addition to our pre-recorded CHURCH ONLINE Worship Services at 9:30, 11:30, 4:00 & 6:00 on Sunday. All services will include the same music and same message by one of our pastors.
Here is information we want you to know about the Outdoor Worship Service:
- If it rains, the service will be cancelled. Please watch CHURCH ONLINE at 9:30, 11:30, 4:00 & 6:00 when you can't attend the outdoor service.
- Bring a lawn chair or blanket to sit on during the service.
- Face masks are optional since we are outdoors.
- Please practice social distancing while at the park (6' apart when interacting with non family members).
- The service will include live music by our worship team and a live message by one of the pastors.
- The service will last approximately one hour.
- Children and youth should sit with their parents for the worship service. NOTE: The playground equipment will not be available during the worship service to limit noise and distraction for those viewing the worship service.
- When you arrive, go to one of the WELCOME TABLES to pick up a sermon outline. On the first Sunday of the month, you will want to stop at the Welcome Table to pick up prepackaged bread/juice for communion.
- You can sit under the pavilion OR you can bring a pop up canopy and set it up on the football field if you prefer to not sit in the sun.
- The park restrooms will be available for use.
- Questions? Contact us.
OC KIDS & PARENT PROGRAM AT 10:50 A.M.
- OC Kids will have a Parent/Child program for children Preschool age - Grade 5 approximately 5 minutes after the worship service ends. The program will last approximately 45 minutes.
- The program will include music, a bible story, fun activity and more. In some ways it will be like a night of VBS.
- You are welcome to attend the OC Kids program even if you don't attend the Worship Service.
- Parents will be responsible for supervising their kids in regard to social distancing and safety precautions.
- Face masks are optional for parents, children, and volunteers since we are outdoors.
- You will want to have lawn chairs or blankets to sit on for the OC Kids program.
- If you have a question about the OC Kids program, please contact Amanda Myers.
OC YOUTH PROGRAM AT 10:50 A.M.
- Pastor Dwight is planning a program designed for our middle and high school students that will begin approximately 5 minutes after the worship service ends.
- The OC Youth program will last approximately 45 minutes.
- While staff and volunteers will encourage social distancing, it will ultimately be the responsibility of the students to do social distancing while meeting together.
- Face masks are optional for students and volunteers.
- If you have a question about the OC Youth program, please contact Pastor Dwight Karkan.
- Otterbein Church has a scholarship fund available for individuals who attend Otterbein and are either attending college or are high school seniors enrolling in college for the fall semester. Application form and scholarship requirements are available online. All applications must be completed on or before June 15.
- Dave Besecker, Pastor of Worship & Pastoral Care, will be offering a 5-10 minute "Reflective Worship" video on Sunday & Wednesday evenings at 5:00 p.m. You can also watch them at your convenience other times throughout the week. In each video, Dave will share a hymn, the story behind the hymn, a modern worship song and more to help you worship and connect with God. You can find the videos under the WATCH link on the website or by clicking here.
- We have printed copies of the Upper Room, Daily Bread, and other devotionals available inside the Church Office entrance doors for anyone who wishes to stop by and pick one up. You will use the doors facing South Potomac Street at our church building. They are available at no cost. There are limited supplies. FYI. The Daily Bread and Upper Room are also both available online for free.
- Looking for the address to mail your church offerings to the Church? We have had a number of people ask. Here it is: Otterbein Church, 912 South Potomac Street, Waynesboro, PA 17268.
- Using the Bible Reading Plan? During our JESUS-LIVING HOPE series we are continuing to provide a Bible Reading Plan. You can find it on the OC App, the Facebook OC Devotionals Group page, and here.
- Have you joined the "OTTERBEIN ONLINE" Facebook group? Facebook has made some changes to their algorithms over the past several months and there is a good chance you are not seeing information from Otterbein Church on your newsfeed. The best way to make sure you see Otterbein News when it is posted on Facebook is to be part of the OTTERBEIN ONLINE group. If you are, anything posted will appear near the top of your newsfeed. Here is a link to the group. If you need help finding the group or aren't sure how to join, contact us at email@example.com and we will assist you.
- Looking for something to do? We have recently purchased some puzzles that are free for the taking for anyone in our church. If you are headed out for groceries or the pharmacy, feel free to stop by the church and pick one up. You will enter in the front door of the church that faces South Potomac Street. The puzzles are on a table right inside the door.
- The Otterbein Church Park on Welty Road is still open if you need a place to go for a walk or get some exercise. Please note the rest rooms are not open. The tables in the pavilion and the playground equipment are also NOT being disinfected and we discourage their use during this time. Lastly, if you stop by the park for some exercise, please practice social distancing.
GIVE AND SERVE OPPORTUNTIES
- Waynesboro Community Health and Human Services is looking for some volunteers to help pack food backpacks for children on Fridays. Before the virus, many of the clients were able to help do this but are no longer available. If you would be willing to help, please contact Denise Esser at 717-762-6941. CLICK HERE to check out their Facebook page.
- Willing to help run to the store for groceries, pick up medicines at the pharmacy, or assist someone in our church and community who can't (or shouldn't) leave their house. EMAIL or call us at 717-762-7147 x222 and tell us you are willing to serve this way. When we learn of someone who needs help, we will contact you.
- We have created a special fund at our church to help families struggling financially and to help bless our community and meet the needs of our community during these difficult times. If you are interested in giving to this fund, please CLICK HERE and use the "COVID 19 Family Assistance" fund. If you choose to mail your gift to this fund, please send it to Otterbein Church, 912 South Potomac Street, Waynesboro, PA 17268 and write "COVID 19" on your check.
Hang tight while we prepare your form...
This form may capture sensitive data (credit cards, bank accounts…), yet this site isn’t sufficiently secured.
Please contact the site administrator to resolve this issue. He must enable SSL.
This form failed to load. Try reloading this page.
The server may be having issues, or this website’s administrator may have deleted the form.