- MEN, WOMEN, & SUNDAY GROUPS - OC Groups are a great place to foster friendships, study the Bible and grow in Christ. Following is a list of the days and times when the groups meet. It is not too late to join one of the groups. You can register to attend the groups below or at Connection Point in the lobby. If you have questions, contact Pastor Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Men's Groups: (CLICK HERE TO REGISTER)
Tuesday—7:00 p.m. | OC 45 Building
Thursday—6:00 a.m. | OC House
Thursday—9:00 a.m. | Church Meeting Room
Women's Groups: (CLICK HERE TO REGISTER)
Tuesday—9:30 a.m. | OC 45 Building
Tuesday—7:00 p.m. | OC House
Thursday (2nd & 4th) —7:00 p.m. | OC House
Sunday Sermon Based Groups: (CLICK HERE TO REGISTER)
1st & 3rd Sunday - 11:00 a.m. | Church Meeting Room
2nd & 4th Sunday - 11:00 a.m. | Church Meeting Room
Parents of Teens Group: (CLICK HERE TO REGISTER)
1st & 3rd Sunday—9:30 a.m. | OC House
- FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITY BEGINS JAN. 30 - Financial Peace University (FPU) is a 9 week class beginning Jan. 30 and meets on Sunday evenings, 6-7:30 p.m. FPU is a practical, entertaining and fun class based on teachings by Dave Ramsey and rooted in principles in the Bible. Whether you are struggling financially or a millionaire, FPU has something for you. The cost of the class is $15 per person. Register for the class HERE.
- DID YOU COMPLETE THE ANNUAL CHURCH SURVEY? Last Sunday we encouraged you to complete the Annual Church Survey which helps us celebrate what God has done in 2021 and helps us plan for the year ahead. If you haven’t yet completed the survey, we encourage you to do it today. You can complete it HERE.
- ALONGSIDE DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Dave Besecker has written a 32 day Daily Devotional called Alongside that we encourage you to use as part of your daily devotions beginning on Monday, Jan. 31. It will be available on the OC App and Facebook as part of our Bible Reading Plan (see more information about the Bible Reading Plan below). You can also pick up a printed version of the devotional at Connection Point on Jan. 23 or 30 if you prefer to use a printed version.
- INDOOR SOCCER WEDNESDAY EVENINGS - We have a group who gathers for Indoor Soccer on Wednesday evenings, 6:30-8:00 p.m. in the Otterbein Community Center gym on Welty Road. Anyone in 9th grade or older is welcome to attend. Any and all skill levels are welcome. Come join us for a great time of exercise and fellowship! Contact Rick Duesler at email@example.com for more information.
- BIBLE READING PLAN - We are reading through the book of Genesis (Chapters 1-25) in January. In Genesis 1-25, we read about the creation of the world and the early years of humanity. It reminds us of the Greatness of God and the struggles of mankind and need for a Savior. Monday-Saturday we will read from Genesis and you can use Sunday to catch up or read one of the Psalms. It is available on the OC App and at facebook.com/groups/ocdevotionals (click on “join” to have it appear on your newsfeed). If you have notifications turned on in the OC APP for “Bible Reading Plan/Devotions,” you will get a daily reminder at 7:00 a.m. with a link to the day’s Bible reading. You can also download a copy of the Bible Reading Plan each week at otterbeinchurch.org.
- SUNDAY MORNING SMALL GROUPS - Looking for a place to connect with others, grow spiritually, and discuss how to put into action lessons from Sunday’s message? We have a number of small groups that meet twice a month on Sunday mornings (10:45a.m.-12 noon) in the Meeting Room next to the Café. Tony/Kelly Cassidy lead the 1st & 3rd Sunday group and Chad Herman/Pastor Mark Green lead the 2nd & 4th Sunday group. You can begin attending one of the groups even if you didn’t sign up. If you have any questions about joining one of the groups, complete the sign up form or contact Pastor Mark Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PRESCHOOL PLAY DATE - FEBRUARY 3 - Preschoolers and a parent/guardian are invited to come to the OC Community Center on Welty Road (13375) to get their wiggles out every other Thursday from 10-11:30 a.m. The next play date is February 3. Bring a ride-on oy to share and come have some fun in the gym and bounce house! For more information, contact Amanda Myers, Director of Children’s Ministries, at email@example.com.
- FAITH BUILDERS DAY CARE - ENROLLING AND HIRING - Faith Builders Day Care is available for children 6-weeks—Pre Kindergarten and is located in the Otterbein Chapel. The Day Care is currently hiring staff and enrolling children. For more information about enrolling your child/children and/or working at the Day Care, go to www.faithbuildersdaycare.org.
- COLLEGE AGE MINISTRY - College Age Young Adults are meeting together on Sunday evenings from 5:30-8:00 p.m. Contact Pastor Dwight Karkan for this week's location (the group meets a different locations) and with other questions you have about the group.
- NEXT OPPORTUNITY FOR BAPTISM - God asks every follower of Jesus to be baptized with water following their decision to begin a relationship with Jesus. If you have never gone public with your decision to follow Jesus by being baptized, we encourage you to be baptized in one of our upcoming worship services. More info and an application for baptism is available online or at Connection Point in the church lobby.
NOTE: Children 12 years and younger need to complete a baptism workbook prior to being baptized. Please email Amanda Myers, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717.762.7147 to get the workbook. If you have questions about baptism, email us at email@example.com or speak to one of the pastors following the worship service.
- CHECK OUT RIGHTNOW MEDIA - Otterbein has partnered with RightNow Media to provide to you free access to a huge, streaming, online, access-on-any-device library of over 10,000 video Bible studies, leadership videos, kids shows and more. To sum it up — it’s like the Netflix of Bible study videos and Christian entertainment. You will have FREE access to thousands of video resources to help you with parenting, marriage, finances, spiritual growth, leadership development and more. It includes content for all ages and stages of life, and all of your family members are invited to set up their own accounts. CLICK HERE to start watching right away.
- OC SERVE OPPORTUNITIES - OC Serve opportunities are a great way to connect with others, grow spiritually, and make a difference for Jesus in another person’s life. We have some specific needs right now in our nursery, children’s ministry, youth ministry, and our Welcome Team. Complete the OC SERVE form or stop at Connection Point in the lobby to express interest and/or request more information about serving.
- ADULT CLASSES ON SUNDAY MORNINGS - We have a number of Adult Bible Classes meeting on Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. Locations, teachers and additional information about the classes can be found HERE or you can contact Pastor Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org. Adult classes are a great place to get connected and grow spiritually while studying the bible together.
- RAMSEY+ FINANCIAL RESOURCES
- Otterbein has partnered with Dave Ramsey to offer a great tool for helping you take control of your money and get rid of your debt for good. With Ramsey+, you get a step-by-step plan and the tools to help you pay off debt faster, so you can finally spend and save how you want—worry-free. Ramsey+ includes the Financial Peace University course (on demand) along with many other great resources. Sign up here or on the OC App for this free resource. Contact Rick Duesler at email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance signing up.
- TEXT ALERTS AND OC APP NOTIFICATIONS - We are living in uncertain times in regard to gathering for worship and church events due to the rise in COVID cases locally. The best way to get notifications regarding service and event changes and cancellations is to sign up for TEXT ALERTS and/or have notifications turned on in the OC APP.
You can sign up for TEXT ALERTS by texting 94000 (enter where you would type a phone number or the person’s name) and put the keyword OCINFO in the message line.
In the OC APP, click on the Menu icon (three lines stacked on top of each other) in the upper left corner of the App, choose Settings, choose Notifications, and make sure the GENERAL notifications are turned on.
- UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION - If you have chosen to become a part of our church family or if you have recently updated your email address, phone number (mobile or home), or changed your address, we encourage you to take a moment to complete the appropriate section of the Welcome and Prayer Card so we can keep you up to date with information about Otterbein.
- OTTERBEIN CHURCH APP - Want information about Otterbein at your fingertips? Want to take sermon notes on your phone or sign up for upcoming events? Want to watch the service live when you are not able to attend church? Download our church app HERE or in any of the app stores. Search for Otterbein Church Waynesboro.
PACKS OF OFFERING ENVELOPES AVAILABLE - Packs of offering envelopes are available at Connection Point in the Church lobby for anyone desiring to use them to give their offering or you can contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717.762.7147 for more information or to request envelopes.
- Have you joined the "OTTERBEIN ONLINE" Facebook group? Facebook has made some changes to their algorithms over the past several months and there is a good chance you are not seeing information from Otterbein Church on your newsfeed. The best way to make sure you see Otterbein News when it is posted on Facebook is to be part of the OTTERBEIN ONLINE group. If you are, anything posted will appear near the top of your newsfeed. Here is a link to the group. If you need help finding the group or aren't sure how to join, contact us at email@example.com and we will assist you.
- The Otterbein Church Park Community Center Gym on Welty Road is open Monday-Friday mornings from 7:45-10:00 a.m. for anyone interested in walking for exercise. If you have any questions, please contact the church office by phone at 717-762-7147 or email.