- JULY 4—WATCH FIREWORKS AT THE PARK - Looking for a place to watch the Waynesboro fireworks on July 4? Stop by the Otterbein Church Park (13375 Welty Road) and join families in our church and community as we watch the fireworks. Bring a lawn chair or blanket to sit on. Free hot dogs and drinks are available for everyone who stops by.
- FIRST TUESDAY PRAYER GATHERING - We will have our First Tuesday Prayer Gathering at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, July 5, at the Chapel in Room 105 (Lower Level). Enter through Lower Level doors off the parking lot in the back of the Chapel. Everyone is invited to join in this time of prayer for our church, community, and world.
- LET’S THROW AN AX AND HAVE SOME FUN!!! - Join us for an hour of fun on July 13 for ax throwing. You must be 14 years old to participate. The cost is $15 per person for one hour. Instructors will provide guidance and throwing tips. You have two options—7:00-8:00 p.m. or 8:00-9:00 p.m. Each time slot is limited to 12 registrations. You can sign up today on the OC App, otterbeinchurch.org, or at Connection Point in the lobby. Payment is required when you sign up.
- LADIES CHAT, CHEW & CHUCKLE PICNIC - Ladies, would you like to connect with other women and get to know one another? If so, come to a Chat, Chew & Chuckle picnic at Otterbein Church Park (13375 Welty Road) on July 25. The picnic begins at 5:30 and will end around 7:30. Ice breakers, pizza, and drink provided. Please bring one cup of fresh fruit and one cup of raw veggies. Sign up HERE or at Connection Point in the lobby.
- OTTERBEIN FREEDOM RIDERS MOTORCYCLE GROUP - Join a group from Otterbein for a group ride on Sunday, July 10, 2022. The group will leave from the church parking lot at 1:00 p.m. EVERYONE WHO RIDES IS WELCOME. If you are interested in going on the ride and/or seeing the dates of future rides, sign up HERE, on the OC App, or at Connection Point in the church lobby. If you have questions, call Steven at 301-991-4848.
- ALL-CHURCH POOL PARTY - We will have an All-Church Pool Party on Sunday evening, July 24, from 7:00-9:30 p.m. at Northside Pool (138 Brown Street) in Waynesboro. Admission is free. Free hot dogs, chips, and soft drinks will be provided.
- UPCOMING EVENTS—MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- September 11—All Church Picnic and Baptism Service at Otterbein Church Park
- September 17—Otterbein Golf Scramble
- OC SERVE OPPORTUNITIES - We currently have opportunities to serve in the following ministries:
>>Children’s Ministry (Nursery, Preschool, Elementary)
>>Middle & High School Ministries
>>Adult Small Group Facilitators
>>Sunday Morning Tech Team
>>Worship Team ( Singers and Musicians)
If you are interested in learning more and/or volunteering, complete the OC SERVE FORM on the OC App, at otterbeinchurch.org, or at Connection Point in the church lobby or you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AN EVENING OF WORSHIP & MUSIC - Everyone is invited to come to the Hagerstown City Park on Wednesday, July 13, at 7 p.m. for an evening of worship and music at the Hagerstown Park bandshell led by the Otterbein Worship Team. Bring a lawn chair, have a picnic, take a walk around the lake. There is lots to do at the park and admission is free.
- COLLEGE AGE MINISTRY - College Age Young Adults are meeting together on Sunday evenings. The group connects over food, fellowship, fun, and a Bible study. Times and locations vary from week to week. Text "OTTERBEINYA" to 94000 to find out this week’s location and meeting time or contact Pastor Dwight Karkan for more information about the group.
- SUNDAY SERMON BASED SMALL GROUPS - Looking for a place to connect with others, grow spiritually, and discuss how to put into action lessons from Sunday’s message? We have a number of small groups that meet twice a month on Sunday mornings (10:45a.m.-12 noon) in the Meeting Room next to the Café. Tony/Kelly Cassidy lead the 1st & 3rd Sunday group and Chad Herman/Pastor Mark Green lead the 2nd & 4th Sunday group. You can begin attending one of the groups even if you didn’t sign up. If you have questions contact Pastor Mark at mark. email@example.com.
- 1 & 2 SAMUEL BIBLE READING PLAN - Join us as we read through the books of 1 & 2 Samuel. The Bible Reading Plan is available on the OC App and at facebook.com/groups/ocdevotionals (click on “join” to have it appear on your newsfeed). If you have notifications turned on in the OC APP for “Bible Reading Plan/Devotions,” you will get a daily reminder at 7:00 a.m. with a link to the day’s Bible reading. You can also download a copy of the Bible Reading Plan each week at otterbeinchurch.org.
- OTTERBEIN PARK RESTROOM KEYCARDS - The restroom facilities at the Otterbein Community Recreation Park (13375 Welty Road) are locked except for scheduled group events/rentals. If you would like a keycard for access to the restrooms, pick one up at Connection Point. You can also request a card by contacting the church office at 717.762.7147 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BAPTISM - God asks every follower of Jesus to be baptized with water following their decision to begin a relationship with Jesus. If you have never gone public with your decision to follow Jesus by being baptized, we encourage you to be baptized in one of our upcoming worship services. More info and an application for baptism is available ONLINE or at Connection Point in the church lobby.
NOTE: Children 12 years and younger need to complete a baptism workbook prior to being baptized. Please email Amanda Myers, at email@example.com or call 717.762.7147 to get the workbook. If you have questions about baptism, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to one of the pastors following the worship service.
- FAITH BUILDERS DAY CARE IS HIRING - Faith Builders Day Care is available for children 6-weeks—Pre Kindergarten and is located in the Otterbein Chapel. The Day Care is currently looking for people who love kids and love Jesus to join our team. For more information about working at the Day Care, go to www.faithbuildersdaycare.org.
- CHECK OUT RIGHTNOW MEDIA - Otterbein has partnered with RightNow Media to provide to you free access to a huge, streaming, online, access-on-any-device library of over 10,000 video Bible studies, leadership videos, kids shows and more. To sum it up — it’s like the Netflix of Bible study videos and Christian entertainment. You will have FREE access to thousands of video resources to help you with parenting, marriage, finances, spiritual growth, leadership development and more. It includes content for all ages and stages of life, and all of your family members are invited to set up their own accounts. CLICK HERE to start watching right away.
- OC SERVE OPPORTUNITIES - OC Serve opportunities are a great way to connect with others, grow spiritually, and make a difference for Jesus in another person’s life. We have some specific needs right now in our nursery, children’s ministry, youth ministry, and our Welcome Team. Complete the OC SERVE form or stop at Connection Point in the lobby to express interest and/or request more information about serving.
- ADULT CLASSES ON SUNDAY MORNINGS - We have a number of Adult Bible Classes meeting on Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. Locations, teachers and additional information about the classes can be found HERE or you can contact Pastor Mark at email@example.com. Adult classes are a great place to get connected and grow spiritually while studying the bible together.
- RAMSEY+ FINANCIAL RESOURCES
- Otterbein has partnered with Dave Ramsey to offer a great tool for helping you take control of your money and get rid of your debt for good. With Ramsey+, you get a step-by-step plan and the tools to help you pay off debt faster, so you can finally spend and save how you want—worry-free. Ramsey+ includes the Financial Peace University course (on demand) along with many other great resources. Sign up here or on the OC App for this free resource. Contact Rick Duesler at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance signing up.
- TEXT ALERTS AND OC APP NOTIFICATIONS - The best way to get notifications regarding service and event changes and cancellations is to sign up for TEXT ALERTS and/or have notifications turned on in the OC APP.
You can sign up for TEXT ALERTS by texting 94000 (enter where you would type a phone number or the person’s name) and put the keyword OCINFO in the message line.
In the OC APP, click on the Menu icon (three lines stacked on top of each other) in the upper left corner of the App, choose Settings, choose Notifications, and make sure the GENERAL notifications are turned on.
- UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION - If you have chosen to become a part of our church family or if you have recently updated your email address, phone number (mobile or home), or changed your address, we encourage you to take a moment to complete the appropriate section of the Welcome and Prayer Card so we can keep you up to date with information about Otterbein.
- OTTERBEIN CHURCH APP - Want information about Otterbein at your fingertips? Want to take sermon notes on your phone or sign up for upcoming events? Want to watch the service live when you are not able to attend church? Download our church app HERE or in any of the app stores. Search for Otterbein Church Waynesboro.
PACKS OF OFFERING ENVELOPES AVAILABLE - Packs of offering envelopes are available at Connection Point in the Church lobby for anyone desiring to use them to give their offering or you can contact the church office at email@example.com or 717.762.7147 for more information or to request envelopes.
- Have you joined the "OTTERBEIN ONLINE" Facebook group? Facebook has made some changes to their algorithms over the past several months and there is a good chance you are not seeing information from Otterbein Church on your newsfeed. The best way to make sure you see Otterbein News when it is posted on Facebook is to be part of the OTTERBEIN ONLINE group. If you are, anything posted will appear near the top of your newsfeed. Here is a link to the group. If you need help finding the group or aren't sure how to join, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
- The Otterbein Church Park Community Center Gym on Welty Road is open Monday-Friday mornings from 7:45-10:00 a.m. for anyone interested in walking for exercise. If you have any questions, please contact the church office by phone at 717-762-7147 or email.