- OC FALL FAMILY FUN FEST AT COUNTRY CREEK - You and your family are invited to join us for our OC Fall Family Fun Fest at Country Creek Produce Farm (3794 Etter Rd, Chambersburg, PA) on October 29 from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Admission is $5 per person, ages 2 and under are free. Bring a flashlight for the corn maze after dark and enjoy over 20 other activities including a hayride to the pumpkin patch, construction themed corn maze, mountain slides, petting zoo, zip lines, jump pads, bounce houses, racers, campfires and more! Pumpkins will be available for purchase and the concession stand will be open for an additional cost. Contact Amanda Myers at email@example.com for more information.
- OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD SHOEBOX COLLECTION INFORMATION - We are once again partnering with Samaritan’s Purse in their Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Collection. Information, labels and shoeboxes are available in the church lobby. ALL boxes must be returned to the church by Sunday, Nov. 21. You can also PACK A BOX ONLINE for $25 ($31 if you add the Bible Study material to the box). You can choose the items you want to put in your box or have Samaritan’s Purse do it for you. More information and resources can be found HERE.
- PRESCHOOL PLAY DATES - Preschoolers and a parent/guardian are invited to come to the OC Community Center on Welty Road (13375) to get their wiggles out every other Thursday from 10-11:30 a.m. The next play date is October 28. Bring a ride-on toy to share and come have some fun in the gym and bounce house! For more information, contact Amanda Myers, Director of Children’s Ministries, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A NIGHT IN BETHLEHEM VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - We are making plans for A NIGHT IN BETHLEHEM which will be held December 17-19 at our park on Welty Road. We are looking for volunteers with experience in acting and costume creation. In addition, we need plenty of help with setup, props, and animals. If you would like to serve, we will find you a place! CLICK HERE to express interest in serving or if you have questions. You can also contact Caleb Fuller at email@example.com.
- JOIN OUR CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION CHOIR - We will be having a special Christmas Celebration Weekend on December 4 & 5 that will include a special choir. Dave Besecker, the director of the choir, invites anyone (Middle School through adult) to participate, regardless of previous choir experience or ability to read music. Rehearsals will be at 7:00 p.m. each Wednesday evening during November and the first Wednesday in December. CLICK HERE if you would like to join the choir for the Christmas celebration or if you just need more information. You can also email Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call him at 717.762.7147 x227.
- ELDER RECOMMENDATION FORMS - Do you know someone who attends Otterbein Church whom you believe should be considered for the role of Elder? Would you like to serve as an Elder at Otterbein? Between now and Nov. 15, the congregation has the opportunity to submit names to the Elder Selection Committee to be considered for the position of Elder. Qualifications, expectations, overview of the selection process, and the recommendation form are available HERE. If you have questions, please contact Pastor Mike or one of the Elders.
- SERVE OPPORTUNITY—OUTSIDE DOOR GREETERS - Our team needs to grow. We need additional greeters at the 8:00 a.m. service. We ask that you serve two times per month. For more information and/or to volunteer, complete the ONLINE FORM or contact Pastor Mark at mark. email@example.com.
- NEXT OPPORTUNITY FOR BAPTISM - DECEMBER 12 - God asks every follower of Jesus to be baptized with water following their decision to begin a relationship with Jesus. If you have never gone public with your decision to follow Jesus by being baptized, we encourage you to be baptized in one of our upcoming worship services. More info and an application for baptism is available online or at Connection Point in the church lobby. NOTE: Children 12 years and younger need to complete a baptism workbook prior to being baptized. Please email Amanda Myers, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717.762.7147 to get the workbook. If you have questions about baptism, email us at email@example.com or speak to one of the pastors following the worship service.
- SUNDAY SERMON BASED SMALL GROUPS - Looking for a place to connect with others, grow spiritually, and discuss how to put into action lessons from Sunday’s message? We have a number of small groups that meet twice a month on Sunday mornings (10:45a.m.-12 noon) in the Meeting Room next to the Café. Tony/Kelly Cassidy lead the 1st & 3rd Sunday group and Chad Herman/Pastor Mark Green lead the 2nd & 4th Sunday group. You can begin attending one of the groups even if you didn’t sign up. If you have any questions about joining one of the groups, complete the sign up form or contact Pastor Mark Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FAITH BUILDERS DAY CARE - ENROLLING AND HIRING - Faith Builders Day Care is available for children 6-weeks—Pre Kindergarten and is located in the Otterbein Chapel. The Day Care is currently hiring staff and enrolling children. For more information about enrolling your child/children and/or working at the Day Care, go to www.faithbuildersdaycare.org.
- YOUTH MINISTRY WORSHIP LEADER - We are looking for someone to serve in our Youth Ministry as a Worship Leader. This is a paid part-time position. If God has gifted you with the ability to lead others in worship and you enjoy helping Middle/High School students connect with God, please contact Youth Pastor Dwight Karkan for more information at email@example.com or 717.762.7147 ext. 232.
- COLLEGE AGE MINISTRY - College Age Young Adults are meeting together on Sunday evenings from 5:30-8:00 p.m. Contact Pastor Dwight Karkan for this week's location (the group meets a different locations) and with other questions you have about the group.
- "DIFFERENT" BIBLE READING PLAN - Throughout the DIFFERENT sermon series, the Bible Reading Plan includes bible passages (Monday-Friday) that relate to the message from the previous Sunday. On weekends, you can catch up and/or read from a chapter in the book of Psalms. The Bible Reading Plan is available on the OC App and at facebook.com/groups/ocdevotionals (click on “join” to have it appear on your newsfeed). If you have notifications turned on in the OC APP for “Bible Reading Plan/Devotions,” you will get a daily reminder at 7:00 a.m. with a link to the day’s Bible reading. You can also download a copy of the Bible Reading Plan each week at otterbeinchurch.org.
- OC LOGO HATS - We have a new supply of OC LOGO embroidered hats in the Café. Hats are “one size fits all” and are available in black or royal blue. The price is $15.
- CHECK OUT RIGHTNOW MEDIA - Otterbein has partnered with RightNow Media to provide to you free access to a huge, streaming, online, access-on-any-device library of over 10,000 video Bible studies, leadership videos, kids shows and more. To sum it up — it’s like the Netflix of Bible study videos and Christian entertainment. You will have FREE access to thousands of video resources to help you with parenting, marriage, finances, spiritual growth, leadership development and more. It includes content for all ages and stages of life, and all of your family members are invited to set up their own accounts. CLICK HERE to start watching right away.
- OC SERVE OPPORTUNITIES - OC Serve opportunities are a great way to connect with others, grow spiritually, and make a difference for Jesus in another person’s life. We have some specific needs right now in our nursery, children’s ministry, youth ministry, and our Welcome Team. Complete the OC SERVE form or stop at Connection Point in the lobby to express interest and/or request more information about serving.
- ADULT CLASSES ON SUNDAY MORNINGS - We have a number of Adult Bible Classes meeting on Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. Locations, teachers and additional information about the classes can be found HERE or you can contact Pastor Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org. Adult classes are a great place to get connected and grow spiritually while studying the bible together.
- OTTERBEIN PARK RESTROOM KEYCARDS - The restroom facilities at the Otterbein Community Recreation Park (13375 Welty Road) are locked except for scheduled group events/rentals. If you would like a keycard for access to the restrooms, pick one up at Connection Point. You can also request a card by contacting the church office at 717.762.7147 or email at email@example.com.
- RAMSEY+ FINANCIAL RESOURCES
- Otterbein has partnered with Dave Ramsey to offer a great tool for helping you take control of your money and get rid of your debt for good. With Ramsey+, you get a step-by-step plan and the tools to help you pay off debt faster, so you can finally spend and save how you want—worry-free. Ramsey+ includes the Financial Peace University course (on demand) along with many other great resources. Sign up here or on the OC App for this free resource. Contact Rick Duesler at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance signing up.
- TEXT ALERTS AND OC APP NOTIFICATIONS - We are living in uncertain times in regard to gathering for worship and church events due to the rise in COVID cases locally. The best way to get notifications regarding service and event changes and cancellations is to sign up for TEXT ALERTS and/or have notifications turned on in the OC APP.
You can sign up for TEXT ALERTS by texting 94000 (enter where you would type a phone number or the person’s name) and put the keyword OCINFO in the message line.
In the OC APP, click on the Menu icon (three lines stacked on top of each other) in the upper left corner of the App, choose Settings, choose Notifications, and make sure the GENERAL notifications are turned on.
- UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION - If you have chosen to become a part of our church family or if you have recently updated your email address, phone number (mobile or home), or changed your address, we encourage you to take a moment to complete the appropriate section of the Attendance and Prayer Card so we can keep you up to date with information about Otterbein.
- OTTERBEIN CHURCH APP - Want information about Otterbein at your fingertips? Want to take sermon notes on your phone or sign up for upcoming events? Want to watch the service live when you are not able to attend church? Download our church app HERE or in any of the app stores. Search for Otterbein Church Waynesboro.
PACKS OF OFFERING ENVELOPES AVAILABLE - Offering envelopes are available at Connection Point in the Church lobby for anyone desiring to use them to give their offering. You can also pick up a pack of offering envelopes during the week in the entry area of the church offices between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. The Church offices are located in the front of the Church building (use the door facing South Potomac Street). If you have questions, contact the office at 717-762-7147 x222 or email us at email@example.com.
- Have you joined the "OTTERBEIN ONLINE" Facebook group? Facebook has made some changes to their algorithms over the past several months and there is a good chance you are not seeing information from Otterbein Church on your newsfeed. The best way to make sure you see Otterbein News when it is posted on Facebook is to be part of the OTTERBEIN ONLINE group. If you are, anything posted will appear near the top of your newsfeed. Here is a link to the group. If you need help finding the group or aren't sure how to join, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
- The Otterbein Church Park Community Center Gym on Welty Road is open Monday-Friday mornings from 7:45-10:00 a.m. for anyone interested in walking for exercise. If you have any questions, please contact the church office by phone at 717-762-7147 or email.