- WELCOME TO OTTERBEIN CLASS—APRIL 18 - New to Otterbein? Join Pastor Mike on Sunday, Apr. 18 for our Welcome to Otterbein Class. In the class you will learn more about who we are at Otterbein Church and how to take your next step. The class will be offered at 9:30 and 11:00 a.m. in the OC 45 building (beside the white tent building). Please wear face covering if attending the 9:30 a.m. class. Face coverings are optional during the 11:00 a.m. class. REGISTER HERE or you can register on the OC App or at Connection Point in the church lobby.
- FREEDOM RIDERS MOTORCYCLE GROUP - Join a group from Otterbein for a group ride on April 18, 2021 following the 11:00 a.m. worship service (weather permitting). During the ride through the country (no interstates) there will be a short break for a quick meal/snack. The plan is to be back at the church around 4:00 p.m. EVERYONE WHO RIDES IS WELCOME. Can’t make this one, the next ride is scheduled for May 16. If you are interested in going on the ride and/or learning more about future rides, sign up HERE, at Connection Point or the OC App. If you have questions, call Steven at 301-991-4848.
- OC SERVE OPPORTUNITIES - OC Serve opportunities are a great way to connect with others, grow spiritually, and make a difference for Jesus in another person’s life. We have some specific needs right now in our nursery, children’s ministry, youth ministry, and our Welcome Team. Complete the OC SERVE form or stop at Connection Point in the lobby to express interest and/or request more information about serving.
- PARENT/CHILD DEDICATIONS - We will have Parent/Child Dedications on Mother’s Day, May 9. If you are interested in having your child dedicated, please complete the Parent/Child Dedication Application (CLICK HERE). Applications are also available at Connection Point in the lobby. Applications need to be completed no later than May 2. Please contact Pastor Mark Green at email@example.com if you have questions.
- OTTERBEIN PARK RESTROOM KEYCARDS - The restroom facilities at the Otterbein Community Recreation Park (13375 Welty Road) are locked except for scheduled group events/rentals. If you would like a keycard for access to the restrooms, pick one up at Connection Point. You can also request a card by contacting the church office at 717.762.7147 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RAMSEY+ FINANCIAL RESOURCES
- Otterbein has partnered with Dave Ramsey to offer a great tool for helping you take control of your money and get rid of your debt for good. With Ramsey+, you get a step-by-step plan and the tools to help you pay off debt faster, so you can finally spend and save how you want—worry-free. Ramsey+ includes the Financial Peace University course (on demand) along with many other great resources. Sign up here or on the OC App for this free resource. Contact Rick Duesler at email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance signing up.
- BAPTISM - God asks every follower of Jesus to be baptized with water following their decision to begin a relationship with Jesus. If you have never gone public with your decision to follow Jesus by being baptized, we encourage you to be baptized in one of our upcoming worship services. More info and an application for baptism is available online or at Connection Point in the church lobby. NOTE: Children 12 years and younger need to complete a baptism workbook prior to being baptized. Please email Amanda Myers, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717.762.7147 ext. 231 to get the workbook. If you have questions about baptism, email us at email@example.com or speak to one of the pastors following the worship service.
- TEXT ALERTS AND OC APP NOTIFICATIONS - We are living in uncertain times in regard to gathering for worship and church events due to the rise in COVID cases locally. The best way to get notifications regarding service and event changes and cancellations is to sign up for TEXT ALERTS and/or have notifications turned on in the OC APP.
You can sign up for TEXT ALERTS by texting 94000 (enter where you would type a phone number or the person’s name) and put the keyword OCINFO in the message line.
In the OC APP, click on the Menu icon (three lines stacked on top of each other) in the upper left corner of the App, choose Settings, choose Notifications, and make sure the GENERAL notifications are turned on.
- ESSENTIAL 100 BIBLE READING PLAN - Join us for the Essential 100 Bible Reading Plan that will take you through 50 Old Testament and 50 New Testament passages of Scripture in 20 weeks. The plan will give you a great overview of the “big picture” of the Bible. The Bible Reading Plan is available on the OC App and at facebook.com/groups/ocdevotionals (click on “join” to have it appear on your newsfeed). If you have notifications turned on in the OC APP for “Bible Reading Plan/Devotions,” you will get a daily reminder at 7:00 a.m. with a link to the day’s Bible reading. You can also download a copy of the Bible Reading Plan each week at otterbeinchurch.org.
- UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION - If you have chosen to become a part of our church family or if you have recently updated your email address, phone number (mobile or home), or changed your address, we encourage you to take a moment to complete the appropriate section of the Attendance and Prayer Card so we can keep you up to date with information about Otterbein.
- OTTERBEIN CHURCH APP - Want information about Otterbein at your fingertips? Want to take sermon notes on your phone or sign up for upcoming events? Want to watch the service live when you are not able to attend church? Download our church app in any of the app stores. Search for Otterbein Church Waynesboro.
COLLEGE AGE MINISTRY - College Age Young Adults are meeting together on Sunday evenings from 5:30-8:00 p.m. Contact Pastor Dwight Karkan for this week's location (the group meets a different locations) and with other questions you have about the group.
- PACKS OF OFFERING ENVELOPES AVAILABLE - Offering envelopes are available at Connection Point in the Church lobby for anyone desiring to use them to give their offering. You can also pick up a pack of offering envelopes during the week in the entry area of the church offices between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. The Church offices are located in the front of the Church building (use the door facing South Potomac Street). If you have questions, contact the office at 717-762-7147 x222 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have you joined the "OTTERBEIN ONLINE" Facebook group? Facebook has made some changes to their algorithms over the past several months and there is a good chance you are not seeing information from Otterbein Church on your newsfeed. The best way to make sure you see Otterbein News when it is posted on Facebook is to be part of the OTTERBEIN ONLINE group. If you are, anything posted will appear near the top of your newsfeed. Here is a link to the group. If you need help finding the group or aren't sure how to join, contact us at email@example.com and we will assist you.
- The Otterbein Church Park Community Center Gym on Welty Road is open Monday-Friday mornings from 7:45-10:00 a.m. for anyone interested in walking for exercise. If you have any questions, please contact the church office by phone at 717-762-7147 or email.