The Easter Meal Outreach is a church-wide project to provide Easter meal bags for those struggling financially in our community. In cooperation with Waynesboro Community and Human Services, we will hand out meal bags to those who are struggling financially or are senior adult shut-ins. We will also provide a free breakfast on Good Friday, April 19, 8–9:30 a.m. for those picking up their meal bags.
HERE IS HOW YOU CAN BE INVOLVED:
- Individuals can purchase all the items listed below (What You Need to Buy). Items should be packed in a reusable shopping bag that can be purchased at Martin’s, Wal-Mart or other grocery stores. Estimated cost is $15. To complete the bag, enclose a check for $15 for the purchase of additional items provided by the church. You can also pay by credit card at Connection Point on Sundays.
- Donate $30 for the purchase of a bag and all items. Checks should be made out to Otterbein Church with “food bags” written in the memo. You can also pay by credit card at Connection Point on Sundays.
- Volunteer time to help organize for the packing party. We will contact you with additional information.
- Bake and donate cookies to be included in the bags. Cookies should be either chocolate chip, sugar or oatmeal raisin and packed by the dozen. Cookies are due to the Ministry Center office by 4 p.m., Wednesday, April 17.
- Help pack boxes and set up for the distribution taking place Friday, April 19. This will be done immediately following the Communion Service on April 18.
- Help distribute boxes and clean up following the distribution on Good Friday, April 19, 7:30–10:30 a.m.