- CHURCH PICNIC/WORSHIP SERVICE AT THE PARK — Because of the weather, we will not have our outdoor service at the Park today. We will have two services (9:30 & 11:00) in the Worship Center. We will also have our regular scheduled programming for our children and youth at 9:30 & 11:00. Following whichever service you attend, please join us out at the Otterbein Community Center (13375 Welty Road) for our church picnic which will be held indoors. We will have great food and it will be an opportunity for you to fellowship with others who attend Otterbein. We look forward to having you join us today in the Worship Center or online!!!
- SMALL GROUPS BEGIN MID-SEPTEMBER - Are you looking for a place to connect with other adults and study the Bible? Check out the various small group opportunities beginning in September. Groups include Men’s Groups, Women’s Groups, and Sunday morning groups. Sign up HERE, on the OC App, or stop by Connection Point.
- NEW GROUP FOR KIDS (GRADES 3-6) - Friendship Company is a group for children in grades 3-6 who wish to share their God-given talents in singing and acting. We will meet in the K3 room on Sunday evenings starting October 1, from 6:00-7:30 p.m. Friendship Company members will minister to the church during the Christmas Celebration, on Palm Sunday, and a musical in early spring. There is no cost to join. Stay tuned: We will have a signup form available next week. For more information, please contact Jennifer Bream at email@example.com or 717-331-7089.
- REAL MEN FOR THE REAL WORLD - Get ready for a great breakfast, some fun activities (axe throwing and more) as well as a powerful challenge to grow in Christ. Ron Hostettler, former Penn State football player and brother to Super Bowl-winning quarterback Jeff Hostettler, will be speaking. Join us at the Otterbein Community Center on October 7, 7:45-11:00 a.m. REGISTER HERE, on the OC App, or stop by Connection Point on a Sunday morning.
- PRE-K PLAY DATE | CANCELED - This week's Preschool Play Date has been canceled. Preschoolers and a parent/guardian typically meet on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at the OC Community Center on Welty Road from 10-11:30 a.m. to get out their wiggles! We hope to see you next month!
- OTTERBEIN FREEDOM RIDERS MOTORCYCLE GROUP – Join a group from Otterbein for a group ride on Sunday, September 10. The group will leave from the church parking lot at 1:00 p.m. EVERYONE WHO RIDES IS WELCOME. This month’s ride will conclude at Trackside restaurant at 5 p.m. Family members who don’t participate in the ride can meet us at the restaurant. We need a count so we can reserve seating, so please sign up for the ride HERE. You can also register each month on the OC App or stop by Connection Point. If you have questions, call Steven at 301-991-4848.
- THURSDAY VOLLEYBALL POWER LEAGUE - Do you want to play some competitive volleyball? Come join the fun on the Thursday Night Volleyball Power League. This league is for experienced volleyball players who have a solid knowledge of the game and rules. Skill levels range from Intermediate to Experienced Players. We strive to play fast solid volleyball!
The league will run from late September - March on Thursday evenings at the Otterbein Church Community Center (13375 Welty Road). The cost is $20 (no t-shirts this year). Register HERE, on the OC App, or stop by Connection Point this Sunday morning. Registration closes at midnight on 9/25.
- Join us as we read through the books of PROVERBS & ECCLESIASTES. The Daily Bible Reading Plan is available on the OC App and at facebook.com/groups/ocdevotionals (click on “join” to have it appear on your newsfeed). If you have notifications turned on in the OC APP for “Bible Reading Plan/Devotions,” you will get a daily reminder at 7:00 a.m. with a link to the day’s Bible reading. You can also download a copy of the Bible Reading Plan each week at www.otterbeinchurch.org/bible-reading-plans.
- FAITH BUILDERS DAY CARE IS HIRING - Faith Builders Day Care is currently looking for people who love kids and love Jesus to join our team. We are currently in need of teachers (full-time) and substitute teachers (part-time) for infants—preschool-age children. For more information about any of the employment opportunities at the Day Care, visit www.faithbuildersdaycare.org/careers.
- BAPTISM - God asks every follower of Jesus to be baptized with water following their decision to begin a relationship with Jesus. If you have never gone public with your decision to follow Jesus by being baptized, we encourage you to be baptized at one of our upcoming worship services. More information about baptism is available ONLINE. Click HERE to complete the application, check out the OC App, or stop by Connection Point in the church lobby. NOTE: Children 12 years and younger must complete a baptism workbook prior to being baptized. Please email Amanda Myers, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717.762.7147 to get the workbook. If you have questions about baptism, email us at email@example.com or speak to one of the pastors following the worship service.
- HELP US STAY CONNECTED - If you have chosen to become a part of our church family, we encourage you to take a moment to complete the pink Contact Information Update card. You can also complete the Update Card HERE or on the OC App.
- OTTERBEIN SMALL GROUPS - Otterbein has many different small group environments where people connect with others and learn biblical principles for life. Groups include Men's Base Camp, Men's Groups, Women's Groups, Sunday Message Discussion Groups, and Adult Bible Classes. Groups meet on various days and at different times, some meeting weekly and others meeting less frequently. CLICK HERE to contact us to learn more about any of the groups.
- TEXT ALERTS AND OC APP NOTIFICATIONS - The best way to get notifications regarding service and event cancellations/changes is to sign up for TEXT ALERTS and/or have notifications turned on in the OC APP. You can sign up for TEXT ALERTS by texting 94000 (enter where you would type a phone number or the person’s name) and putting the keyword OCINFO In the OC APP, go to the profile section and click on the icon that looks like a stack of paper under the “My Giving” icon. Be sure to select GENERAL notifications and any other categories from which you want to receive messages.
- ALL THINGS OTTERBEIN AT YOUR FINGERTIPS - We encourage you to download the OC APP where you can complete the Welcome Card, give online, read the announcements, share a prayer request, find message notes, register, and sign up for events, watch last week’s service, and much more! Click HERE, text "APP" to 833-921-6237, or search "Otterbein Church Waynesboro" in any of the app stores.
- CHECK OUT RIGHTNOW MEDIA - Otterbein has partnered with RightNow Media to provide you free access to a huge, streaming, online, an access-on-any-device library of over 10,000 video Bible studies, leadership videos, kids shows, and more. To sum it up — it’s like the Netflix of Bible study videos and Christian entertainment. You will have FREE access to thousands of video resources to help you with parenting, marriage, finances, spiritual growth, leadership development, and more. It includes content for all ages and stages of life, and all of your family members are invited to set up their own accounts. CLICK HERE to start watching right away.
OTTERBEIN PARK RESTROOM KEYCARDS - The restroom facilities at the Otterbein Community Recreation Park (13375 Welty Road) are locked except for scheduled group events/rentals. If you would like a keycard for access to the restrooms, pick one up at Connection Point. You can also request a card HERE or contact the church office at 717.762.7147 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please return your “old” cards to Connection Point so we can reprogram them.
- PACKS OF OFFERING ENVELOPES AVAILABLE - Packs of offering envelopes are available at Connection Point in the Church lobby for anyone desiring to use them to give their offering or you can contact the church office at email@example.com or 717.762.7147 for more information or to request envelopes.
- Have you joined the "OTTERBEIN ONLINE" Facebook group? Facebook has made some changes to its algorithms over the past several months and there is a good chance you are not seeing information from Otterbein Church on your newsfeed. The best way to make sure you see Otterbein News when it is posted on Facebook is to be part of the OTTERBEIN ONLINE group. If you are, anything posted will appear near the top of your newsfeed. Here is a link to the group. If you need help finding the group or aren't sure how to join, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
- The Otterbein Church Park Community Center Gym on Welty Road is open Monday-Friday mornings from 7:45-10:00 a.m. for anyone interested in walking for exercise. If you have any questions, please contact the church office by phone at 717-762-7147 or by email.
BIBLE READING PLAN
OTHER NEWS & INFORMATION