- Complete the LIFE-CHANGE WORKSHEET (you can download a blank worksheet above) by reflecting daily on your actions for that day. List specific failures or unbiblical actions done during the day (be specific by including the who, what, when, and where) and then determine put-offs and put-ons for those actions. Focus specifically on the 1-2 problems/sins you are working on overcoming at this time.
- If you find yourself doing the exact same thing over, just list the issue each time it happens. You do not need to rewrite the corresponding put-offs and put-ons for every failure if the situation is exactly the same thing.
- Use the following Scriptures as a foundation for the put-offs and put-ons if you need a starting point: Ephesians 4:17-32, Philippians 2:1-5, Colossians 3, 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, Matthew 5-7.
- If you are struggling to find Put-Offs and Put-Ons for the problem/sin you are working to overcome, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will give you a list of scriptures.
Need Help finding Put-Off and Put-On Scriptures. Here is a list of tools to help:
- Bible App for your Smartphone or Tablet (available for free on Google and Apple app stores). After downloading, use the search function to put in your problem/sin and it will show you relevant Scriptures.
- Use a Concordance and Index in a Study Bible.
- Purchase the book “Transformed into His Likeness” by Armand P. Tiffe (available on Amazon) which is a great resource for Put-Offs and Put-Ons.
Here is an example of what a completed Life-Change Worksheet would look like.
My Specific Unbiblical Action
I yelled at my wife and told her she was lazy for not having my clothes laid out on my bed when I got up this morning.
Anger (Eph 4:31)
Unkindness (1 Cor 13:4-8)
Unwholesome talk (Eph 4:29)
Selfishness (Phil 2:3-4)
Kindness (1 Cor 13:4)
what builds others up
Consider her needs (Phil 2:3-4)